All of our staff have either lived in Latin America or know the countries well.
We have been developing our range of holidays for 15 years. You can choose from over 80 itineraries or design your own holiday by choosing where you would like to visit.
- All Holidays
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
Chile contains some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet, ranging from the steppe of Patagonia in the south to the desert in the north.
The country is almost 2,700 miles long but barely more than 100 miles at its widest. The amazing Torres del Paine is one of world’s great national parks, with trekking, horse riding and mountain biking. The Atacama Desert in the north presents a stark contrast. This is the driest place on earth, and home to incredible scenery, from dramatic moonscapes, to the largest geyser field in the southern hemisphere. The Lake District contains beautiful volcanoes, lakes and forests. Easter Island, in the South Seas, is a beautiful volcanic island, but it is the incredible giant statues scattered across the landscape that make this one of the strangest places anywhere in the world. Santiago, the capital of Chile, is a modern city at the foothills of the Andes. The area around the city produces some of the best wines in South America.
- When to Travel: November to April
- Population: 18 million
- Area: 756,096 km2
- Capital City: Santiago (population 5 million)
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Time Zone: UTC – 3 hours (UTC – 5 hours for Easter Island)
- Flying time from Australia: Approximately 13 hours on a direct flight from Sydney or Melbourne. Approximately 17-20 hours for a flight with one connection
- Bordering Countries: Argentina, Peru, Bolivia
- Key Destinations: Patagonia, Torres del Paine, Santiago, Easter Island, Atacama Desert, Lake District
What our customers say
Overall holiday rating92%
Value for money75%
As a holiday destination84%
Service of reps and guides87%
Weather during holiday77%